Strategic Plan 2015-16
Chapter Mission Statement: We elevate and strengthen the professional practice of interior design in the NY Metropolitan region.
Chapter Vision Statement: We are committed to excellence in Interior Design education and professional practice, and playing a vital role in our communities.
ASID NY Metro Strategic Plan 2015-2016
GOAL #1: Be the Core of the New York Design Network
Build and communicate the value of ASID as the leading industry organization.
Objective #1: Retain and expand our membership across all categories.
Strategy #1: Outreach to students.
- Tactic #1: Build partnerships with department chairs, professors and students at New York Metro Area schools.
- Tactic #2: Continue to provide programming that offers portfolio reviews, practice interviews, and networking.
- Tactic #3: Continue to provide opportunities for students to network with accomplished interior design professionals.
- Tactic #4: Collaborate with like-minded organizations to provide scholarship opportunities to students.
- Tactic #5: Maintain and promote a platform for posting job opportunities and internships on our website.
- Tactic #6: Communicate the value of the Student Advancement Program more effectively to Student members.
- Tactic # 7: Develop a communications/marketing initiative to increase Student membership.
Strategy #2: Outreach to Emerging Professionals.
- Tactic #1: Develop and promote incentives for first-year Allied Membership dues for Emerging Professionals.
- Tactic #2: Expand and promote the professional mentorship program.
- Tactic #3: Continue to create events to expand and connect Emerging Professionals with industry professionals.
- Tactic #4: Support and promote the GoPro Program.
Strategy #3: Outreach to mid-careerists.
- Tactic #1: Create events that promote access and exposure to the media.
- Tactic #2: Create opportunities for networking and community building.
- Tactic #3: Create opportunities for business development.
- Tactic #4: Develop emerging practices CEUs.
Strategy #4: Outreach to high-profile designers.
- Tactic #1: Identify and target high-profile designers for recruiting.
- Tactic #2: Personal outreach to high-profile designers through small-scale events and existing ASID network.
- Tactic #3: Develop brand ambassadorship opportunities.
- Tactic #4: Expand awards program to recognize accomplished designers and Industry Partners in our community.
- Tactic #5: Align ourselves with high profile design members’ events and appearances.
Strategy #5: Outreach to Industry Partners.
- Tactic #1: Create a task force to develop a loyalty/incentive program.
- Tactic #2: Create events that encourage high member attendance to satisfy IP’s return on investment.
- Tactic #3: Continually and publically thank and recognize our IP members.
- Tactic #4: Facilitate opportunities for business growth.
- Tactic #5: Continue to refine and develop sponsorship package to demonstrate value added.
Strategy #6: Outreach to Complementary Industries.
- Tactic #1: Form a think tank to identify complementary industries to establish strategic alliances.
- Tactic #2: Define and explore potential synergistic marketing opportunities.
- Tactic #3: Create events that blend industry networking opportunities.
Strategy #7: Reassess all marketing materials and strategies.
- Tactic #1: Create a task force.
- Tactic #2: Create a Chapter centric brand message.
- Tactic #3: Research and identify National’s available marketing materials.
Objective #2: Identify and collaborate with stakeholders across disciplines, organizations, and institutions.
Strategy #1: Facilitate a conversation with like-minded design organizations in the NY Metro Design community.
Tactic #1: Continue to develop events to facilitate collaboration and networking between different design organizations.
Strategy #2: Share information between different design organizations.
- Tactic #1: Engage other design organizations to participate in our educational programs.
Objective #3: Utilize physical and virtual channels that connect stakeholders.
Strategy #1: Promote National’s online CEU opportunities.
- Tactic #1: Reach out to other design organizations and local academic institutions.
Strategy #2: Develop community via digital platforms.
- Tactic #1: Continue to refine social media policy.
- Tactic #2: Review and revise ASID NY Metro website for content and usability.
- Tactic #3: Provide concise communication of both ASID NY Metro and industry events and news via weekly Creative Brief, e-blasts, website and social media.
Strategy #3: Continue to develop large-scale live CEU events.
- Tactic #1: Solicit sponsorships to fund events.
- Tactic #2: Develop partnerships with CEU providers.
Strategy #4: Produce high-quality printed chapter publications.
- Tactic #1: Review current publications contracts.
- Tactic #2: Create a task force to reassess and redesign our chapter magazine’s look-and-feel.
GOAL #2: Develop the Practice
Deliver resources that help members expand their practices.
Objective #1: Provide relevant business and professional development education.
Strategy #1: Research and identify continuing education content based on member needs.
- Tactic #1: Develop questionnaire to evaluate member needs.
Objective #2: Develop marketing and communications initiatives that promote the value of hiring ASID interior designers.
Strategy #1: Promote the value of interior design professionals to the public.
Tactic #1: Collaborate with PR firms for marketing opportunities.
- Tactic #2: Increase role in industry-wide events.
- Tactic #3: Create collateral materials showcasing ASID NY Metro designers.
Strategy #2: Support organizations that promote legislative reform.
- Tactic #1: Maintain parameters and reporting structure to obtain our chapter financial support.
- Tactic #2: Identify ASID NY Metro board members to represent the chapter with other organizations.
GOAL #3: Expand Knowledge
Create, collect, and distribute high-value information that establishes ASID as the foremost resource for interior design knowledge.
Objective #1: Connect and inform the interior design community of prevailing and emerging technologies.
Strategy #1: Develop programming to serve member needs.
- Tactic #1: Identify member needs.
- Tactic #2: Identify formats for content delivery.
- Tactic #3: Work with sponsors/IPs to deliver content.
Strategy #2: Develop relationships with design technology companies.
- Tactic #1: Forge new partnerships with software companies.
- Tactic #2: Include technology sessions at education events.
Objective #2: Connect the NY Metro Design communities with innovations impacting design build community.
Strategy #1: Highlight innovation impacting the design community.
- Tactic #1: Research innovators and thought leaders.
- Tactic #2: Forge partnerships with innovative firms and thought leaders.
GOAL #4: Govern the ASID NY Metro Chapter Efficiently
Ensure the continuity of the leadership culture that maximizes organizational performance.
Objective #1: Manage chapter operations and structure.
Strategy #1: Recruit and train board members and volunteers.
Tactic #1: Provide leadership training.
- Tactic #2: Establish committee chair job descriptions.
- Tactic #3: Establish volunteer training as standard operating procedure.
- Tactic #4: Inform membership of committee volunteer opportunities.
Objective #2: Nurture a transparent management and leadership communications system.
Strategy #1: Inform membership of chapter management structure.
- Tactic #1: Develop and distribute organizational chart.
- Tactic #2: Distribute National policies to board members.
- Tactic #3: Inform membership of chapter initiatives and strategic plan.
Strategy #2: Identify committees and develop internal communications protocols.
- Tactic #1: Implement internal communications protocol.
- Tactic #2: Evaluate committee and sub-committee structure to support strategic plan.
- Tactic #3: Formally recognize committee and sub-committee members on chapter website.
Objective #3: Maintain long-term organizational viability.
Strategy #1: Manage the chapter with fiduciary responsibility.
- Tactic #1: Develop fiduciary and investment policies.
- Tactic #2: Develop a budget to support strategic plan.
- Tactic #3: Review and revise chapter sponsorship package.
- Tactic #4: Explore additional revenue streams.
- Tactic #5: Evaluate procedures for grant proposals and awards submissions annually.
Strategy #2: Manage current leadership succession plan.
- Tactic #1: Establish protocol for potential candidates to perform due diligence.
- Tactic #2: Identify future leaders from new and existing members.
- Tactic #3: Establish transition process between incoming and outgoing board members.