Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee
ASID NY Metro’s mission state is to educate, empower, and elevate the interior design community to positively impact lives.
Diversity and Inclusion are core values of our committee and chapter as a whole. We value and cultivate ideas from diverse backgrounds and strive to bring diversity, inclusion, and equity into all aspects of our Chapter.
Our goals for the Diversity and Inclusion Committee will support the shared culture within our chapter and industry by promoting the acceptance, respect and valuing of differences as it relates to race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and gender expression by;
With the particular impact of racism, we will give added attention to issues of racial injustices.
- Work with our diverse community for their expertise
- We pledge a 16% increase toward diversity in our event programing
- Using social media platforms to highlight the diverse design community
- Strengthen our commitment to advance racial justice by tasking ASID National with expanding diversity within the ASID organization.
- Positioning the Diversity & Inclusion Committee as a standard chapter practice.
- Growing the diversity within the ASID state chapters by sharing best practices “Ambassador initiatives”
- Host an annual Diversity & Inclusion discussion/event
- Holds Diversity & Inclusion Committee accountable by reviewing goals achieved as well as future goals.
- Hosted by a professionally trained guest
- Working towards Environmental Justice-Wellbeing in Affordable Housing
- A PRIDE Celebration
- Diversity in Design – Celebrating Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- In Honor of Black History Month the Diversity and Inclusion Committee Presents: A Celebration of Design Talent
- Inclusive Design: A Conversation About Diversity Within the Design Community