Check back regularly for important industry updates on how COVID-19 (coronavirus) could affect you and your business. We will also be posting showroom closings, event cancellations, and helpful resources to help you navigate the coronavirus pandemic. ASID NY Metro is committed to supporting you, our valued members, through these unique and challenging times.
Together with our Association Management partner, Capitol Hill Management Services, we have assembled an additional COVID-19 Resource Center to provide you with the latest information, guidance and resources in relation to COVID-19. Below, you can find summaries of Federal and New York State actions and resources that may be of assistance to you and your business.
Updated July 7, 2020
ASID NY METRO EVENTS
Virtual Lunch & Learn Recordings
- Click HERE for the recording of the April 20th presentation with Benjamin Moore.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 4th presentation: How to Sell Design Services Virtually with Sandra Funk, Nicole Heymer, Joan Ravasy, and Diana Mosher.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 11th presentation: Designer Survival Skills In the Time of COVID-19 with Kim Radovich.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 18th presentation: How to Build Business Using Pinterest as a Tool to Partner with Clients, Garette Johnson, Garrott Designs
- Click HERE for the recording of the June 1st Roundtable Discussion about How to Re-Open During & After COVID-19.
- Click HERE for the recording of the June 29th Inclusive Design: A Conversation about Diversity in the Design Community. .
Virtual Kawfee Talk – Every Friday @ 10 AM
Our popular breakfast series is going virtual and will have a wellness feature. How are you handling working from home? What activities are you engaging in to keep yourself busy? We want to know!
- Click HERE For the recording of the April 17th Kawfee Talk: Maison et Objet Trends and How They Can Comfort Us by Patti Carpenter, Maison et Objet Global Trends Ambassador.
- Click HERE for the recording of the April 27th presentation: Feng Shui with Benjamin Huntington.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 1st presentation: Financial Updates with Kimberly Merlitti.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 8th presentation: How to Market on Social Media during COVID-19 with Darla Powell of Wingnut Social.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 15th presentation: 5 Step Process to Determine Your Company Positioning Pivot.
- Click HERE for the recording of the May 28th presentation: Navigating the Home-Based Office During COVID-19 & Beyond with Phyllis Harbinger, FASID, NCIDQ.
Spring 2020 High Point Market – Cancelled
Architecture & Design Show – Cancelled
Kips Bay Decorator Show House: Postponed until June
DIFFA by Design – Postponed until July 9th – July 11th
International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF) – Cancelled
New York Tabletop Market – Cancelled
MARKET DAY 2020 – Postponed until October.
BUSINESS NEWS, ADVICE & BLOGS
SHOWROOM OPENINGS & ADJUSTED HOURS
The following Showrooms in the D&D Building are OPEN:
John Rosselli & Associates (open but prefers call for appointment)
David Michael interiors
Rose Tarlow Melrose House
Studio Van Den Aker
Ressorce House of Paints
Rug Art International
Warp & weft
Bespoke by Luigi Gentile
Cowtan & Tout
de Le Cuona
Michael Dawkins Home
The Castel Showroom Guell Laadrid
Patterson Flynn and Martin
Martin Patrick Evan
Assouline book shop
*Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your showroom listed here
TIPS & TRICKS FOR WORKING AT HOME
GENERAL USEFUL RESOURCES
ASID NY Metro Contact Information